Well, I hope we’re not like this.
Here in Almeta, we’re always trying to hire the best people. We want them to be happy working with us. We celebrate honesty, directness and openness.
This post is our push to make our contracts open, fair and clear for current and future employees.
This is just the start of our journey. If you think that the following suits you, and you want to work with us, please don’t hesitate to contact us and introduce yourself. We’re always on the hunt for new fresh, bold and energetic blood.
Working Hours and Location:
This is a remote work position. You’ve the freedom of having a flexible working hours.
You have, though, to alocate at least 1 hour between 10:00-13:00 in the morning and 1 hour in the afternoon between 16:00 and 20:00 for any invite or call from any colleague in the company in any day of work.
Guidelines for remote work:
You joined us because you’re special in a specific skill or a mix of skills. We know that you’ll get the job done. But, since this is a remote work, some general guidelines of remote work should be followed.
- Daily updates: This should be done in Discord (as the time of this writing) of what you did yesterday and what you’re going to do today.
- Invites: You should always be extra-aware of any Calendar invite sent to you (You can install Google Calendar or any app of sort on your phone for this and add your personal account and/or the company’s account.)
- Deliverables: Your story points burned each sprint shouldn’t, at any one sprint, fall below a certain threshold. Talk to your direct supervisor to agree on this.
- Call in sick: This should happen first thing in the morning when you’re sick.
- Unpaid/Paid/Holiday leave: This should happen, preferably as early as possible or at least 2 days before the planned leave. If it’s a long leave (3 days or more) this should at least 1 week before.
- Days of work if you’re an intern or have a part-time role: Please communicate what exact days you’re going to work with us if different from the ones mentioned in this contract.
- You can’t, without a valid reason, skip a day of work without telling the CEO of the company.
- Emails: please reply to your Emails no later than 1 working day period. This strictly excludes any off-days, public holidays, or weekends.
We know you’re great and we know you like the freedom of work. We’re doing everything we can to help you and the company have clear, fair guidelines and assessment procedure. Whether you’re a full-timer, part-timer or an intern. The assessment and your salary and equity payout will be on daily basis, for each day you’re entitled to work in this contract.
Each guideline you miss will effect your overall performance. So make effort to follow these guidelines rigorously since they effect your monthly pay and performance assessment.
If anything from the list above doesn’t align with your way of work, please discuss this with us as soon as possible.
We’re here to Help You
We want you to be happy. We nurture and encourage an open and very direct feedback. If you’re in doubt of anything related to your work or something is bothering you in any way, or whether you’re unsure whether you’re doing a fine job, please talk to the CEO directly. You can send him an email or Discord him directly.
In the Event of Non-Performance
We want to hire the best people and we want them to be happy. We want them to grow the company and grow with it. Sometimes, we don’t succeed in doing so and sometimes it’s not a good fit between the company and the employee.
In the event of 3 or more violation of any point on any day in the Guidelines for remote work section, we’ll have a discussion of whether this type of work is for you and what are the reasons. If any violation dragged for more than 1 week, a decision should be made by us for your future in the company.
We love seeing you doing a great job. For this we’ll issue bonuses every now and then for our heroes, the over-achievers, and the Pro-Performant.
Salary and Equity
To keep you invested in the company and feel as much appreciated as can be, we are very happy to allocate both Salary and Equity for you, being core part of the company. Any equity agreed is vested over 4 years with 1 year cliff.
Do you know that we use all this and other AI technologies in our app? Look at what you’re reading now applied in action. Try our Almeta News app. You can download it from Google Play or Apple’s App Store.